Wednesday, September 27, 2006

That career woman


I had a chat with a friend some time ago and it gave me an idea of my next post. We were talking about a boss in an office. When the chat started initially, I smiled and thought how true the phrase 'women are the weaker sex' is. This particular boss was creating a 'slight' (if I'm permitted to water it down that much) inconvienience for my friend. I'm not a feminist, neither am I a sexist. I believe God has assigned roles to men and women which no amount of yelling or screaming 'equality' can alter.

I then tried to think back and wondered how it comes about that women acquire such power and I came up with quite a number of interesting sources. The girl child when growng up is saddled with the responsibilty of understudying mummy such that when mummy is not around, she convieniently steps into that position. While in school, she looks out for her male colleagues importing what she learnt at home to cater for them and see to their well being. When she eventually starts working, quite a lot of pressure is placed on her. As this development progresses, she begins to acquire that inner strenght to fight and withstand pressure.

This training comes from the male folk also. When eventually these girls get to a position of authority, they find it very easy to fall into the position of 'bossing' the same men who trained them. Interestng right? You really can't blame them. Many a woman has to assert her role to command the respect of men especially if she's the boss around there (counter opinion welcome). The girl child grows up learning to oversee, control and take charge of situations.

But as my friend and I concluded, the solution to this problem is the same MEN! How? Give a career girl a man and you divert her energy from the work to caring and taking charge where the man is concerned. What she deposits in the office automatically goes home. The men give the training, complain about the outcomes, yet are the solution needed!

No comments: