Monday, October 09, 2006

Who bears the brunt?


I've had a Monday that is so - so. From one not too cheering news to another till I'm wondering, just what is happening today? And just like me to extend my thinking a little more, I thought of myself being a mother and wife.

I can imagine coming home from work with all this load on my head, my mind not so settled and a not too cheerful expression. Who bears the brunt of the fallout of my day? My hubby? Nah, that would be unfair, considering that he would have had his share of a busy day too and dumping all that emotional burden on him would not augur well for us both. And the kids? Not at all. Such wonderful innocent gifts do not deserve to be laced with such load to carry. Now tell me, who bears the brunt?

I picture a situation where both mummy and daddy are trying to unburden on each other and neither is finding it pleasant to add more to what was brought home and then both unleash on the kids! Poor innocent things. Who is to blame?

Finding a solution, I decided that if I were a mummy, I would drive from work to a pool side or a recreation spot, take a cold drink, think over the day, sort issues out in my head and delete the bad memories and be ready to face my hubby and kids like I just woke up on a bright beautiful day! If more mummies and daddies did this, what a world of difference it would create for children. They would not have to scamper for safety when they her the beep of daddy's car horn neither would have have to stand mummy's constant nagging (they didnt cause the bad day, did they?). But they would have a beautiful environment to grow and express themselves in, passing the tradition to their children and children's children.

And the smiles pass on...

No comments: