Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another Weekend


This is another weekend gone past. It was busy for me as usual. I hardly have any weekend free of activities. I had the privilege of seeing an old friend and then he told me about the wedding of a well known 'friend' too. Then I got thinking and got a new post!

No weekend passes in Nigeria without at least fifty new couples signing the dotted lines. No weeekend passes without families shedding 'nostalgic tears'. Mummy sees her baby girl going away, though she's happy, yet she's sad that the girl is leaving (she had always dreamt of this day though). Daddy sees his 'little' angel being whsked away by another man and the bride or groom themselves can't really take it all in - so this is finally the new life I had been dreaming of. Me and my loved one, together, forever! The vows have been exchanged and the butterflies are really having it nice turning your tummy around.

Apart from the glitz of the ceremony, one other thing struck me. This union has the potential of producing the greatest leaders in the world. This union can also bring forth the best in their selected industries and very beautiful kids too who you'll love to cuddle. Something else. How many of these will stay, remain together, not because they have no choice though but because the original binding love is still there, fanning the embers of this love till their dying minutes, to take proper care of these kids and to help them imbibe the love the world needs. How many of them will not stiffle the existing love and throw into the society hurting children and deviant teens? How many of them will really stand by "I DO" till they see their own kids re- enact the same event that happened this last weekend?

No comments: