Sunday, September 03, 2006

Poised to face the future


I am poised to face the future
Really, poised to face my future
Enough of repeating the mistakes of my predecessors
I am taking my life in my hands
I am raising my head up in the midst of a crazy world
I refuse to look at my peers
I refuse to be negatively influenced
I refuse the normal excuses
I face the world with determination
Against all odds
Against all sneers
Against all limitations
I choose to be a model in my generation
I will rewrite history
I dream of the pride of feminity being restored
I see us taking our rightful place in the world
I see good mothers, caring wives and committed friends
I see beauty in the female body
I see her encaspulated in honour and grace
I see her smile and her touch healing wounded hearts
I see her creating a way for others to follow
She will get there... She will be great
Help me attain this greatness.

This is my dream
- Young African Female Teenager

No comments: