Thursday, September 14, 2006

Life is beautiful!


It really feels good to be back after a break from posting. Didn't really feel good about that though.

There's this ad that says 'Life is beautiful'. Hmn... really it is. In the past couple of weeks, it looked like there was no truth in that saying. Everything looked too bleak and black and the world looked and felt so heavy. I actually lost what it was that was left as interest in everything around me. But thankfully, I have a hold on life again. You know, if you can just determine to, you can actually own the world! Big dream hun?

But, life sure is beautiful. The Yorubas say that the people around one are the clothes on one. I really found that true too in this past weeks. After strolling around the campus of Africa's most beautiful university for a while and trying to take in the beauty both in the world and in the campus, I settled for a spot and tried to get somethings straight in my head. Just at that time when it looked like the world was vacant, my cell rang. It was a new friend who wanted us to meet and see the faces behind the letters and then, I decided to flex my thumb a bit and send a few texts (graciously, I got some credit this morning). I did send them and one of them produced what snapped me out of that feeling for that moment. Another call! A friend too who I've been communicationg with for almost a year but who I've never seen before. He (you could guess it'ld be a 'he'. Guys have a way of popping up just at the nick of time. God bless the dear souls.) said he would be visiting during the weekend!

Ask me, I don't know how that did it but the clouds cleared. I just loved life again! I saw the beauty and then, the sun rose in its' glory! I could feel it and then I smiled. The sun itself was part of the beauty. I got up, returned to my room and have been bubbly ever since. I want to spread a lil' of that to you. Look up, look beyond the situation now. It cannot be worse than it is and even if it is worse, you'll always come out the best for it.

Nice enough, yet another friend sent me this text just as I was inputing this and I'll like to share it with you even as I wish you a smiles filled dreamy night.
"Reignite the light inside you. Banish indifference to sulk in the shadows. Don't dare settle for a life of 'survival'". He's been a blessing to me. Daniel, God bless you.

No comments: