Thursday, August 31, 2006

I See


I see a generation that wants to take its' future in its' hands. I see a generation that speaks out against injustice, corruption and misconduct. I see a generation that stands together a sone against societal ills. A generation where girls dress to cover their nakedness and guys dress respectfully. I see a generation where all speak out their mind without fear of victimization or loss of life. I see a generation of friendly mother and daughter in laws. I see a generation that does not shout down its' children, rather, one that takes time out to explain things to them so that they do not repeat generational mistakes. I see a generation that stands as ambassadors of her motherland, a generation that takes the lead in the world with its' peers following joyfully after. I see truth and beauty in this generation...

This generation will not just spring out of space. This generation is with you, with me, with us, closer than we think. This generation walks around on the street, this generation lives next door, this generation sits behind a desk in the schools, this generation just smiled at you a few minutes ago, this generation is crying out loud - 'Do you see us?'

No comments: