Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What is beautiful?

Ododo in the Yoruba language, a tribe in Nigeria means many things. Three meanings readily come to mind. One, it means flower, two, it means truth and in the third place, another word is added to it to mean a child is a flower of honour.

This word to me with it's diverse meanings convey one meaning. There's truth in beauty and beauty in truth. Have you ever wondered what makes a flower what it is? How many people would not stop at one time or the other in their life to appreciate a flower? They are there all around you to appreciate always. The scent fills the earth with a lovely aroma and the colours add that special touch to our world.

Truth, hmn... that's something that seems to be diminishing fast in our society but who says it doesn't still exist? Is there someone out there who would stand for the truth even when it hurts?

And the children, oh, so pretty things. They are my passion. I love them and I see beauty in their innocent looks, questions and 'unguarded' play. How I wish time could be reversed so I could be like one of these again, no cares, no worries, plain innocence! Would you like to add positively to the lives of the future? Then, you're in the right place!

1 comment:

My Thots said...

My dear,
Without an iorta of doubt.......... YOU are on the path to greatness. And I am convinced that we will meet at the top.

You have all it takes and you are using it. Go on gurl!!!!!