Thursday, October 19, 2006

We will surely be proud again!


I see many Nigerian children in shirts that carry or bear NY, Calif., Bahamas and all sorts. And I get angry at that kind of mentality. I try to picture the youth of those countries carrying a t-shirt that boldly carry Nigeria and I can't seem to fix the picture straight. Why, just why won't we buy shirts that proudly spell and proclaim Nigeria? Why would mothers go to the market and look for shirts that carry the faces of American rapsters and stars for their children to don? Why won't we just...

Aight, an idea just struck me. I'll soon be out with t-shirts carrying my face and every Nigerian will scramble to buy one cuz soon, very soon, I'll represent Nigeria to the ends of the earth and you'll be proud to see what a home girl is doing with her green and white heart and brand. You'll sure want to proclaim that we were classmates, roommates, hallmates, blockmates, met me somewhere before, something to just relate us together. And then, we'll all be proud to be Nigerian.

I'll buy yours too if you'll rep Nigeria well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One thing i have come to realise is that if good quality T-shirts are produced, no matter what name or logo they bear - Naija or NY, we are ever willing to buy or patronise them. The problem is that they arent produced so the available Tshirts which include the NY and Calif et al Tshirts become desireable.