Saturday, January 27, 2007

When will the patriots rise?


Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign


I just got back from a concert of sorts where the glory of Nigeria was once again showcased. I felt proud to be a Nigerian. A prayer was sung for Nigeria in the second stanza of this great anthem and really that was when this idea came to me. I got out of that concert and straight, I got on the computer to blog!

The first stanza calls upon compatriots to rise and obey the call of their great nation, this is followed by a reminder of what their service to the nation should and would demand. The gone heros were not left out of this as their labour was remembered . This to me is a call to service but have we sat down to consider the second stanza? That really is prayer for Nigeria.

This is a challenge to all patriots of this great country. It might take you so much time to say a prayer for Nigeria everyday but can you sing a prayer for Nigeria? SIng that second stanza loud and clear and at the end of it, say 'AMEN'.

I wish myself a huge happy birthday. It's great to be a Nigerian! Black, Afrcan, NIGERIAN and PROUD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say Amen, Amen and Amen too!!!